If you have a dehydrator, then this is a must-try recipe for you! With very few ingredients you will have a perfectly healthy snack that you can take with you on-the-go! It's popular with children too.
- Banana, 4 (ripe)
- Cacao Powder, 2 tbsp
- Coconut Sugar, 1 tbsp (optional)
- In a food processor puree 4 ripe bananas, broken in to chunks, 2 tbsp cacao powder and 1 tbsp coconut sugar until smooth.
- Spread out to 1/4 inch (0.5cm) thickness, as evenly as possible, on a drying tray lined with parchment paper, leaving it slightly thicker around the edges. - if the edges are too thin, it can break.
- Dehydrate at 130 °F (55°C) for about 9/11 hours.
- Start checking leather after 4/5 hours. When top is very firm and edges are easy to lift, carefully peel leather from sheet, flip over and continue drying.
- Using scissors, cut the leather into strips.