Decadent and irresistible. These cookies have everything you're asking for in a good cookie! Chocolate chunks, nuts and chocolate filling. We used our Chocolate Coconut Granola Butter or that gooey center!
- 115g vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp hazelnut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130g coconut sugar
- 55g almond milk
- 205g plain flour or gluten-free flour
- 25g almond meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp chocolate chunks/chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp pecans, chopped
- Chocolate Coconut Granola Butter, for the filling
- Place the granola butter into the fridge for 24 hours to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine the soft vegan butter, hazelnut extract, vanilla
extract, and coconut sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until fully.
- Next add the almond milk and mix for a further 23 minutes or until well combined.
- Finally add in the flour and almond meal. Combine ingredients by using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Lastly fold in the chocolate and pecan nuts.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop the cookie dough into balls and transfer to the baking tray. Make sure you are leaving enough space in between the cookies, as they will spread.
- Softly press the cookies down into a disc shape and then press a mould into the centre of the cookie. Place 1 tsp of the granola butter into the mould, then cover the mould with the leftover cookie dough. Top with more chocolate and chopped pecans. Repeat the process for the remaining cookies.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Once cookies have been removed from the oven, let them cool down on the baking tray for further 3 minutes, then transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack.
- Serve each cookie in your favourite Halonut coconut bowl and enjoy!