Here's a classic sweet treat incorporated with one of the most loved nuts ever - pistachios! Each bite is so luscious and decadent but also filled with different kinds of textures.
- Roasted Shelled Pistachios, 3/4 cup (unsalted)
- Medjool Dates, 8 (pitted)
- Raw Cashews, 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder, 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract, 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Shelled Pistachios, 1/4 cup (unsalted, crushed)
- Dark Chocolate, 100 g
- Coconut Oil, 1 tsp
- In a food processor place all the ingredients for the filling and pulse until you get a soft dough.
- Scoop small portions of dough and roll into balls. Place in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil and stir until smooth.
- Remove truffles from the freezer, dip them in the chocolate mixture and top with the crushed pistachios.
- Serve them in a coconut bowl and enjoy!
- If your medjool dates are quite dry, rehydrate them by soaking them in hot water for 10 minutes then drain.
- If you have any leftover truffles, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge.