The best way to enjoy creamy pasta is with a crunchy savoury topping! Coconut Bacon, we get to enjoy even tastier pasta dishes with their plant-based toppings. Feel free to use this as a topping for salads, soups and rice bowls too!
- CASHEW CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tbsp vegan feta cheese
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 handful sundried tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tbsp water or olive oil
- 400g pasta of choice
- coconut bacon
- chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add sauce ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Place in the refrigerator.
- Heat water/oil in a frypan on medium heat and add mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes and add all other veggies. Cool for an extra 5 minutes and turn off heat.
- Add cheese sauce and cooked pasta. Mix well.
- Serve and garnish with coconut bacon and chopped parsley. Enjoy!