Did you know that you can make hummus with other peas/legumes? This hummus recipe is made with edamame, which lends a beautiful green colour and a sweet nutty taste.
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame (cooked)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 packet or tsp spirulina
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- green onions
- Add the edamame to your food processor, with water, tahini, olive oil, and sesame oil and puree for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp green onions and puree again for 4-5 minutes, or until you get an extra creamy texture.
- Place half of the edamame hummus to a bowl. Set aside and refrigerate.
- Add the spirulina to the remaining hummus and blend until well combined.
- Place the spirulina edamame hummus to a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour to allow the flavours to blend together.
- Serve the two hummus in your favourite Halonut coconut bowl and top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and green onions.