Roasted lemon can be sweet, a little bit smokey and the tartness is mellowed out. It's the perfect addition to your favourite mediterranean dip - hummus. You can also use the juice from the roasted lemon if preferred.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup smooth tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, add more if preferred
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp water, add more or less as needed
- ROASTED LEMON
- 1 lemon, sliced
- red pepper flakes
- warm pita bread
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Roast each slices of lemon in a roasting pan for 30-60s each side until you see a prominent grill mark.
- Pour in your favourite Halonut coconut bowl and serve with spices, roasted lemon and herbs.